Your Patient Responsibilities
You can assist us with our goal of excellence and convenience by being prepared for your visit. What does this mean?
- Please be here at or before your appointment time. We may not be able to see you if you are late, as the provider will already be in with the next patient.
- Please bring with you your insurance cards. Each and every time we need this. Please also inform the staff if your address or telephone information has changed.
- Be prepared to pay your co-pay at your visit. Not mailing out statements reduces our costs and allows us to focus better on your healthcare.
- Annual Physicals, school/camp physicals, etc. are just that: Physicals. These are designed for your provider to thoroughly check you out medically. They are an important part of your Health Maintenance. If you have specific issues you would like handled, we recommend you make a future appointment so that we may have better time to address those issues directly.
- Medications: Please be prepared to tell the nursing staff exactly what medications you are on during your visit.
- Reasons for visit: If you have multiple medical concerns, in
order to better address all of your concerns in the time and detail they
deserve; we recommend setting up more than one appointment. If you need
assistance with this, please call and ask for the Medical Assistant staff.
As we operate on Same Day access, you will have no trouble getting in quickly.